HyLife Ltd is a progressive Manitoba based company. HyLife and its affiliates have feed and pork operations and genetics sales in various countries around the world. We are currently seeking a highly-motivated person to fill the position of Alternate Miller. This position is based at the Feed Mill in Randolph, Manitoba reporting directly to the Mill Manager.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
- Conduct shift inventory for all bins (bulk ingredients and liquid bins)
- Ensure micro boxes are maintained and not allowed to run out of ingredients
- Receive and sample incoming ingredients as directed
- Load feed trucks
- Operate manufacturing equipment as required
- Sample finished feed
- Enter data onto log sheets
- Assist in the maintenance of plant as required
- Fill in for Miller and Assistant Miller as required
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of relevant computer programs
- Knowledge of manufacturing protocols and procedures
- Knowledge of ingredients used in manufacturing feed, particularly medicated products
- Ability to analyze product and adjust process as required
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers
- Adapt to new responsibilities
- Knowledge of processing equipment for maintenance/repair
- Valid class 5 license
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at www.hylife.com/current-opportunities
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time