Foundry Special Projects/Advance Manufacturing Technician
Posted on November 4, 2018. Region: Weyburn, SK
Position: FOUNDRY SPECIAL PROJECTS / ADVANCE MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN
Reports to: Foundry Technical Service Manager
The Special Projects / Advance Manufacturing Technician –is responsible for sourcing, managing, and optimizing foundry equipment / process improvement projects. Working closely with shop floor personnel, support departments and management in developing solutions, implementation, training and to make sure that the scope and direction of the project is on schedule. A hands-on approach in the sourcing, design, fabrication, installation and implementation of foundry production equipment. To plan, budget, schedule, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project you are working on.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assess current practices and processes through various methods including listening, observation, time studies, analysis of data and products.
• Work closely with others to determine and identify opportunities for improvement and formulate solutions.
• Design, develop and deliver solutions for production equipment, processes, part fixturing, storage, etc.
• Once approved, plan, budget, schedule, oversee and document all aspects of the specific solution / project.
• Work closely with equipment vendor representatives to optimize and improve production processes.
• Participate in and sometimes lead Continuous Improvement initiatives and programs.
• Conduct all activities and execute all duties with enthusiasm and a positive, results-focused attitude.
• Support company initiatives and policies enthusiastically.
• Other duties as assigned
• Ideal candidate will possess a Mechanical Engineering Technology.
• Some relevant experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software.
• Applicants with equivalent education combined with applicable experience may also be considered.
• Manufacturing experience is essential.
• Ideally has experience in metal fabrication and welding.
• Previous experience with castings or a foundry manufacturing setting is ideal.
• Demonstrated ability to “think outside the box” and improve processes.
• Ideally has practical “hands on” mechanical experience related to agriculture and/or manufacturing.
Skills and Attributes Required:
• Excellent communication skills, most important of which is effective listening skills.
• Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
• Highly motivated, self-starter. Demonstrated ability to adhere to tight schedules with minimal supervision.
• Ideally will have knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes.
• Ideally will have some experience in working with solid modeling applications (Solidworks, or other CAD programs).
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other common applications.
Job type: Full-time