SwiftHighSpeed is Hiring a Wireless Internet Technician - Assistant
Swift High Speed is a Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP) located in Steinbach, MB. We use cutting-edge wireless network technologies to deliver high-speed internet to commercial links in urban cities and places where cable and DSL cannot reach.
Our wireless internet network coverage centres around Steinbach, extending as far as Anola, Marchand, Grunthal, St Malo, St Pierre, St Adolphe, Ille Des Chenes and Landmark. We are currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the role of Wireless Internet Technician Assistant.
The individual in this position will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and ongoing support of our wireless broadband internet service. Roof climbing and attic access will be required. This position will assist our current Service Technicians in the field, and will include tools and equipment required for the job.
Our ideal candidate will highly value honesty, have excellent customer service skills, enjoy the outdoors, and be in good physical condition. Interest in computer and networking technologies is a plus. This would be considered a career position, with opportunities for advancement and raises.
Essential Job Functions:
• Install Customer Premise Equipment and hardware required for service
• Perform pre-installation testing to determine service eligibility
• Troubleshoot and resolve customer support requests
• Perform equipment upgrades and disconnects.
• Provide post-installation training to new customers
• Assist in maintaining adequate equipment inventory
• Basic knowledge of Windows operating systems
• Understand and practice safety policies and use safety equipment at all times
• Able to communicate with customers and co-workers in a professional manner
• Demonstrated manual dexterity, ability to climb ladders, work on roof tops and in attics, and able to lift and carry 40 lbs
• Ability to use various power and hand tools
• Be responsible for and operate company vehicle in a safe manner
Beginning salary $13-18/hr. Future raises and advancement opportunities based on job performance.
Application Deadline: Saturday December 8, 2018
Job type: Full-time