We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team. We offer a relaxed work environment that fosters personal interaction between all members of the team. We encourage all team members to lead a balanced lifestyle because we want you to take the time to enjoy your personal life.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
• Completing year-end engagements including drafting financial statements, and preparation of personal and corporate tax returns.
• Ability to build effective working relationships with clients
• Ability to effectively respond to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement
• Draft reports and responses to client queries for manager review
• Maintain communication between manager and other team members on an ongoing basis of progress and significant issues
Qualifications and experience:
• Minimum requirement of Accounting diploma or equivalent experience.
• Experience working in public accounting is preferred but not required
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel),
• Previous experience in Caseware, Keystone and Taxprep computer programs will be considered an asset
• Able to prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Values teamwork, client/customer service, professionalism, personal and professional growth
We invite you to bring in your resume to our office located at 45 Hochelaga Street West, Moose Jaw or submit your resume and cover letter via email to [email protected] with the subject heading Staff Accountant.
Job type: Full-time