Grannys Poultry is currently seeking a Power Engineer. The successful candidate will possess a valid 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate and have 2 years of related experience preferably within the food industry. In addition, the successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic with a commitment to excellence, innovation, and a drive to lead our organization towards success.
Work hours: Full-time, shift work.
The Power Engineer ensures the continual operation of equipment and facility by completing maintenance requirements of the machinery, mechanical equipment and utility systems located at the Blumenort site. The Power Engineer takes the lead on troubleshooting malfunctions to ensure minimal downtime for the facility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by following current good manufacturing practices, and standard operating procedures; complying with legal regulations; monitoring environment.
• Responsible to ensure all work is properly documented according to policies and procedures
• Monitors and documents all building/equipment control readings (i.e. log sheets)
• Complies with all Health & Safety policies and procedures including the wearing of PPE, Lockout, Guarding, WHMIS etc.
• Troubleshoots equipment and utilities malfunctions by locating source of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Controls and minimizes downtime by partnering with production and lab departments to schedule preventative maintenance.
• Trains equipment operators on routine preventative maintenance techniques with the goal of further reducing downtime.
• Provide recommendations and assist with new installations as required including the assembly of machinery and equipment prior to installation. Performs machine set up and adjustments as required following all relevant SOPs, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specifications.
• Responds to requests for repairs.
• Contributes, drafts and when required leads the preparation and submission of technical reports or proposals for installation or repairs to equipment and related systems.
• Oversees work of contractors and supports other trades as required
• Must have valid 4th Class Power Engineer Certification.
• Knowledge in ammonia refrigeration systems.
• Operate automated or computerized control systems.
• Physical ability to perform duties, climb ladders and work at heights or in confined spaces.
• Ability to work in a refrigerated environment.
• Ability to follow HACCP requirements associated with the job.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player within the department and other department employees.
• Conscientious and punctual character with a good attendance record.
• Understanding of safe work practices and safety regulations.
• Quality workmanship at required speeds with good planning and organizational abilities.
• Must be able to monitor and inspect plant equipment.
Job type: Full-time