Portage Chrysler, a division of Pembcorp Automotive group has immediate opening for employment. We are seeking an individual to join our team as a journeyman service technician.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Test parts and systems to ensure they are working properly
• Identify mechanical problems, often by using computerized equipment
• Follow checklists to ensure all critical parts are examined
• Test and lubricate the vehicle’s engine and other major components
• Perform basic care and maintenance, including oil changes, tune-ups, and tire rotations
• Repair or replace worn parts, such as brake pads and wheel bearings
• Disassemble and reassemble parts
• Use testing equipment to ensure that repairs and maintenance are effective
• Explain to clients their automotive problems and the repairs done to their vehicle
A minimum grade 12 diploma is required, any additional training in automotive repair would be an asset. Knowledge of electronics, computers, mathematics and English provide a good background for prospective service technicians.
Qualified applicants may e-mail their resume to [email protected], or drop off in person at Portage Chrysler. Thank you to those who apply, but only those considered will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time