The Journeyman Mechanic is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of both light and heavy equipment. The Mechanic will have the ability to troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, as well as have the ability to repair and adjust all necessary mechanical components. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs.
• Heavy Duty Equipment Technician or Automotive Journeyman’s certificate is required.
• Possess a valid driver’s license. Class 1 license is an asset.
• Proven mechanical abilities in hydraulics and electrical, including schematics and diagnostics.
• Experience with routine maintenance operations.
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Able to work well under pressure in a very fast paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• Ability to manage shifting priorities
• Commitment to corporate strategy and ethical standards
• Ability to travel domestically as required
• Physical ability to lift up to 50lb.
• Travel to off-site locations as required.
• Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
• Overtime as required.
• Hazards associated with the trade.
• Work both indoors and outdoors.
• Frequently exposed to construction sites
• Own tools
Job type: Full-time