The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for executing Viking Project’s Quality Management Strategy initiative. The QC Inspector is required to carry out visual inspections of welds, to ensure work conforms to specifications, relevant codes, regulatory and client requirements. Work involved may be office or field level dealing with QA/QC, with a primary focus on the installation of underground pipelines, facilities construction, site grading, and other earthworks activities.
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in a related field.
• CWB Welding Level 1 with B31.3 Z662 and endorsements. W47.1 or W59 endorsements would be considered an asset.
• Well versed in ASME, ABSA, API and CSA Construction Codes
• Ability to create and review technical documentation, including inspection and test plans, test procedures, and design documents.
• Knowledge of manufacturing and field installation processes of pipeline and facility work.
• Experience with weld mapping, as-built drawings, redlining engineered drawings, and creating hydro-test packages.
• Proficient with AcornPipe Software
Responsibilities and Duties (Include but not limited to)
• Provide support to Field Supervisors to ensure construction, modification and/or repairs are completed in compliance with applicable code.
• Ensure all ITP stages are followed and complied.
• Coordinate field Verification of all modifications/changes executed by construction due to RFIs, NCRs or any other deviation notices to ensure they are done as per the specifications, standards and client approvals.
• Analyze and assist in Non Conformance reporting to identify inconsistencies and support corrective action throughout the process.
• Liase with production and NDE subcontractors.
• Evaluate material certificates and documentation delivered with goods against purchase order and material specifications, when required.
• Assist in developing schedules for visual weld inspections and inspection and test plans.
• Perform visual inspections of fit up prior to welding and finished welds.
• Monitor welding conditions, parameters, consumable control and post weld heat treatment operations.
Job type: Full-time