RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT MENTOR –Part Time Permanent- JOB POSTING #2018-RSM365
Posted on December 5, 2018. Region: Steinbach, MB
Agency: FASD Life’s Journey
Posted: December 5, 2018
Program: EastMan Services Program
Closing Date: December 12, 2018
Wage: $13.96 to 16.67 Hourly (Based on qualifications)
Hours Worked: Sunday & Monday 4:00 pm – 12:00 am
Location: Giroux (Steinbach)
When applying please quote position applied for and job posting number in both the subject line and body of the email. Please submit current resume.
The Residential Support Mentor is responsible for the ongoing direct support of the participants of the Residential program; ensuring all program requirements are consistently being met. This includes participating in the ongoing planning, monitoring and communication of activities of the program participants that are in relation to each participant’s program planning documents. The Residential Support Mentor is expected to follow the Personnel Policies (including Workplace Health and Safety Policies), the Operational Practices and the goals of FASD Life’s Journey Inc. in completing their duties.
This position works collaboratively with other members of the Residential Care Team including: other Residential Support Mentors, House Leads, Residential Case Workers, Residential Assistant Coordinator, Clinical Case Managers, the Residential Coordinator and Program Manager. In addition to the Residential Care Team, the Residential Support Mentor is also responsible to ensure positive interactions with collaterals associated with the participants being supported.
This role requires an individual that is able to support the program and team with:
• High work standards: Work ethic, task completion, consistency, follow up, accuracy/attention to detail, time management.
• Personal management skills: Accountability, self-management, stress tolerance, adaptability/flexibility, creativity, initiative, working in teams or independently, problem solving.
• Personal development Skills: Ability, openness, willingness to learn, receives feedback and seeks collaborative opportunities.
• Professional skills: Interpersonal and communication skills, influencing, collaboration and the ability to establish effective relationships/trust with others, within professional boundaries.
• Mentoring Skills: coaching, patience, influencing and modeling professional behaviour.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: RESIDENTIAL COORDINATOR
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Optimally, two years’ experience in a related role and supporting individuals with disabilities.
• Previous, residential experience and understanding of Manitoba Licensing Legislation, Regulations and Standards, as well as, planning, organizational and administrative skills.
• Satisfactory Child and Adult Abuse Registry check, satisfactory Criminal Record Check (vulnerable sector search) and a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract and Driver’s License.
• Certification of First Aid Level 1 – Emergency.
• The ability to attend work regularly as scheduled or requested.
• Demonstrated language, writing, comprehension skills.
• Demonstrate cultural knowledge competence and participate in agency training for development.
• A safe and reliable vehicle and proof of appropriate insurance on vehicle.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Respect, Collaboration, Integrity, Effective Communication, Patience and Perseverance, Reasoning and Decision Making
Life’s Journey strives towards a workforce that has fair representation of the community that we serve.
Job type: Part-time