Payroll Administrator for Valley Fiber
Valley Fiber Ltd is a locally owned and operated technology firm based out of Winkler, MB. The ever-growing need for fast and reliable telecommunications has spurred on innovation. This innovation and its almost limitless potential has been one of the core passions for the Valley Fiber Development Team. In the last 2 years, this team has been working on bringing its next generation conscious fiber optic infrastructure design to the region. Valley Fiber has formed many partnerships with industry-leading developers to create and finalize its innovative design.
Do you have strong data entry skills, and want to further your career in the payroll field? In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing for all employees. Candidates with training in payroll and/or bookkeeping are preferred.
• Process payroll for all employees: input employment status changes, prepare records of employment, process related deductions and payments
• Preparation, balancing and submission of all payrolls and all associated reporting functions and reporting responsibilities to support compliance reporting, statutory reporting, finance reporting and submission
• Maintain employee records and review for completeness and accuracy
• Prepare and submit monthly PD7A remittances
• Timely and accurate T4 reporting
• Prepare regular and month-end reports
• Process month-end accruals and adjustments for the general ledger
• Maintain the payroll system setup for all payrolls
• Oversee all upgrades and system maintenance requirements
• Act a primary liaison to the payroll & time-off system providers
• Assist with other payroll functions as required
• In all cases employee privacy and records are to be managed in accordance with prevailing federal and provincial standards
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• 2+ years of accounting and/or payroll experience (Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred)
• Working knowledge of Provincial Employment Standards and Legislation and the ability to interpret same
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Accurate and rapid data entry skills
• Strong organizational skills
We thank all those who apply. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time