Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the Personal Advisement to individuals with employment barriers. The Personal Advisor will provide one to one assistance to individuals with multiple barriers to employment in a broad setting and documentation of same. As well the Personal Advisor will ensure a positive image and promotion of the corporation, clients and programs to the communities of the service area.
Duties to include: such as those described below, are representative of the range of responsibilities for this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working openly and cooperatively as part of team to help foster a positive work environment and to ensure that the needs of clients, staff, and the organization are met.
- Assesses the needs of clients and developing appropriate client programs and action plans.
- Utilizing established assessment tools, this position observes, monitors, and evaluates the progress of each Participant and the appropriateness of various programs.
- Refer individuals to appropriate support services as required.
- Provide follow-up support on an individual basis.
- Assist in pre-employment preparation: job search, resume writing, life skills and soft skills and labour market information.
- Assist in marketing individual's skills and abilities
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, make decisions, mange time and organize workload effectively.
- Possess a valid Saskatchewan driver's license. Reliable transportation.
- Must be bondable. A Police Record Check is required of all staff prior to hiring.
- University degree in related field and/or extensive work experience.
Employment: 35 hour work week
WAGES/SALARY Info: To be discussed
Apply by Date: December 14, 2018
Job type: Full-time