The Shipping Dispatcher is responsible for the preparation of all necessary paperwork including US documents, dangerous goods documents, Bill of Lading documents, and faxing waybills to customers when requested.
Regular working hours will be 7:30 AM - 4 PM, Monday through Friday. This is a term position starting as soon as possible and ending in March 2020.
Friesens offers a comprehensive benefit package, employee ownership and profit sharing.
• High school diploma or GED required
• College program in logistics or equivalent business related experience preferred
• Transportation industry knowledge and experience an asset (i.e. shipping/receiving, scheduling, freight negotiations and regulatory requirements)
• Customs knowledge and experience an asset
• Advanced computer skills - Outlook, Excel, Word
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
• Able to work well under pressure
• Flexible, able to deal with change
• Strong attention to detail
• Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills
• Excellent customer service/communication skills (written and verbal)
• Very good math skills
• Strong work ethic, self-motivated and positive team attitude
• Proactive for change and improvement
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Carry job tasks and responsibilities as efficiently and effectively as possible within the specified time frame and according to the predetermined shipping/receiving schedule or as directed by the Shipping Manager.
• Coordinate out-of-town shipping of all Friesens finished goods.
• Arrange loads and delivery dates of finished product with the Shipping Manager.
• Prepare all necessary paperwork including US Customs documentation, Bill of Lading documents, dangerous goods documents, and faxing waybills to carrier and warehouse when requested.
• Arrange for trailers and transportation of these shipments.
• Dispatch drivers for Winnipeg pick-ups and deliveries.
• Load and prepare paper work for waste bales, and coordinate the return of empty containers (MBI skids, ink barrels, Totes) with Department Managers.
• Load and unload trucks.
• Keep shipping area clean and organized.
• Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as required.
Deadline for submission of resumes is Monday, January 14, 2019. Incomplete resumes will be disqualified from consideration.
Job type: Full-time