Community Outreach Worker
Part-Time Position – 15hr/wk
AREA: Claresholm and Area
Foothills SNAPS is seeking a highly motivated half-time staff for a one-year project. Applications are being accepted now and will remain open until the position is filled.
The Community Outreach primary role is to assist families and individuals in the areas of school and post school, life transitions, work, recreation and community. Community Outreach will work directly with families who have children/family member with disabilities to assist them in developing and implementing plans for an inclusive future. This is a one-year funded project, every effort will be made to secure ongoing funding and/or to provide future employment opportunities with Foothills SNAPS. However, employment beyond the one year cannot be guaranteed.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Outreach provides information/resources, services and supports (i.e. assisting the family with self-advocacy skills thus building capacity).
• Create partnerships through networking
• Maintain files and databases
• Prepare and submit required reports and updates
• Collaborate as a member of a larger team, working towards the best interest of the family/individual
Qualifications for the Position
• A commitment to inclusion
• Knowledge and experience in the field of disabilities
• Familiarity with the respective communities
• A passion for learning and collaboration
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experience in conflict resolution/mediation and problem solving strategies
• Although preference will be given to those with a Post-secondary diploma, Disability Studies, community rehabilitation, social work, work related experience will be considered.
• Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite (all programs)
• Must be professional in appearance
• Competent writing ability and well organized
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and have own vehicle
• Provide recent Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and References
• Some evening and weekend work will be required for meetings with families.
Type of Employment:
• Interested candidates please forward your resume with cover letter to [email protected]. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
• Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Competition will close once a suitable candidate is found
Foothills SNAPS values collaboration, trust, accountability and inclusion. We understand the importance of the right person for the right job and appreciate a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage all candidates with the required qualifications to apply for this position. We commit to working collaboratively on determining appropriate accommodations, if needed.
Job type: Part-time