The City of Winkler is now accepting applications for the role of Community Event Coordinator.
This position will be part-time (20 hours per week) from March 1 to August 30, 2019 and full-time effective September 1.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, be willing to work evenings and weekends, and be capable of light physical labour.
The Community Event Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of community events within the city. This position is multi- faceted and requires public relations skills, management and financial abilities, and organizational skills. The individual will possess initiative and the ability to work with little supervision.
• Managing the Concert Hall, (duties include bookings, management , ticket sales)
• Community events such as Harvest Festival. Individual will co-ordinate and work with a committee of volunteers
• Managing and booking the multi-purpose rooms, and community hall in the future Meridian Exhibition Centre including all events such as banquets, conferences, trade shows and entertainment events
• Seek out grants & submit applications for funding relevant to the department.
• Administrative organizational skills
• Ability to work with the public
• Ability to motivate others
• Ability to act with initiative, discretion, creativity and enthusiasm
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• Grade XII education
• University or Technical School Training in management or public relations or economic development
• An equivalent combination of management experience and education may be considered
• Excellent computer skills
Please submit applications to Barb Dyck at 185 Main Street, Winkler, MB R6W1B4 or via email to [email protected]. Deadline for applications is Jan 25, 2019.
Job type: Salary