Posted on January 8, 2019. Region: Westman Region, MB
Currently we have positions available in Souris, Manitoba and Gladstone, Manitoba.
Gladstone: The successful candidate will work 20 hours weekly (1pm to 5pm), Monday to Friday.
Souris: The successful candidate will work 20 hours weekly (12:30-4:30pm), Monday to Friday.
Brandon: The successful candidate will work 20 hours weekly (8:30-12:30 or 1-5pm, with ability to combine for full time), Monday to Friday.
As an Autism Tutor, you will be an integral part of a team, working one-on-one with children and families, teaching important skills in all life areas based on individualized goals. You will apply creativity to deliver programs in fun and interesting ways in different community settings like daycares and nursery schools, as well as possibly in the home setting.
This position reports to the Family Information & Resource Manager, and works under the supervision of an Autism Consultant and Senior Tutor.
- Must have a minimum education of Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Post-secondary course work in behaviour modification / applied behaviour analysis (ABA) is an an asset.
- Previous experience as a Tutor in a supervised ABA program is an asset.
- Previous experience working with children and/or adults with developmental disabilities or ASD is an asset.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to working within a team.
- Must have current First Aid and CPR certification - or obtain within 3 months of employment.
- Knowledge of the philosophies and practices in education, care and support services for individuals with disabilities is an asset.
- Excellent ongoing training in teaching individuals with ASD
- Regularly Scheduled team meetings for collaboration with co-workers
- A significant career path in the field of ABA specializing in ASD
- The opportunity for fun, and the chance to make a difference in the life of children and their families
- Excellent benefits package
Please apply using the below link:
or send an email with your resume attached to: [email protected]
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check, adult abuse registry check, and a child abuse registry check.
We thank all applicants, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
St.Amant welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job type: Part-time