Class 1 Operator
Keewaytinook Okimakanak has recently been approved for expansion of its Safe Water Project for its communities.
The Safe Water Project is in essence an Operational HUB that focuses on the Professional Development of First Nation’s Operators at the community level.
Keewaytinook Okimakanak require additional staff to meet the deliverables of the project.
Minimum Staff Requirements
To deliver the services to the recently added communities, the Safe Water Project requires personnel with the following minimum credentials:
• Water Treatment Subsystem Class I License – Province of Ontario
• Minimum Grade 12 or Equivalent
• Working knowledge of computers
• Valid Ontario Driver’s licence
Operators with Water Distribution and /or Wastewater Collection credentials, in addition to those stipulated above, will be considered favourably.
Operators with Entry Level Course for Drinking Water Operators credentials in addition to those stipulated above will be considered favourably.
Under the direction of the various Tribal Council leads, the Safe Water Project personnel will:
• Provide operational oversight services to the First Nations
• Conduct Annual Performance Inspections for the facilities being served
• Participate in the preparation and Implementation of Operational Budgets
• Develop and implement work plans for the local operators
• Develop and implement sampling and record keeping regimes for each facility
• Develop training plans for individual operators designed to fast track Certification of said operators
• Provide monthly progress reports to the Tribal Council leads
• Courses and upgrades as required
• Assist in minor repairs
Job Specific Requirements
Extensive travel to Northern First Nation communities is a job requirement. Extended overnight stays in these communities will also be required.
The job is based out of the Public Works office in Dryden, Ontario. All travel related expenses will be reimbursed based on Treasury Board of Canada expense rates. All travel starts in Sioux Lookout.
This is a full time contract position. Salary will be determined based on the applicants Level of Credentials and related work experience.
Interested operational personnel can forward their resume with copies of their current credentials to:
c/o Nicole Payne
Public Works Assistant Manager
41 Duke Street
Fax: (807) 223-2572
Friday, February 8, 2019 – 12:00 PM (noon)
Job type: Full-time