Public Works – Assistant Manager – Permanent – Full Time
Location: Dryden, Ontario
General: Keewaytinook Okimakanak is a Tribal Council providing various support services to six remote First Nation communities in the Kenora District. One of the functions of the Tribal Council is the delivery of engineering and project management services through its Public Works Unit.
Reporting to the Public Works – Manager, the Public Works – Assistant Manager is responsible for acting as a resource and advisor to Keewaytinook Okimakanak communities with regards to all matters relating to the planning, development and implementation of capital projects.
• Civil or Mechanical Engineering Technology/Technician Diploma from a Technical College and are a member of, or eligible to register with OACETT, or other Canadian Association of Certified Engineering Technician and Technologists Body.
• PMP Certification
• 5 years of Tribal Council or INAC/ISC funding, and project management experience
• Strong communications skills
• Must possess a valid Ontario Drivers License
• Must have access to a licensed and insured vehicle
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide technical advice regarding the communities infrastructure
• Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with Communities as well as other staff members
Job Specific Details
• 35 hours per week – Monday to Friday – 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
• Salary negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision care and pension package
Submit cover letter, resume, and references to:
Public Works – Manager
41 Duke Street Dryden, ON, P8N 1E6
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday, February 8, 2019 - 12:00 PM (noon)
Job type: Full-time