PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
FOOT CARE NURSE (RN/LPN) 2 days per week contract
Currently looking for a qualified Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse with foot care certification and experience providing Diabetic Guideline care to clients at the Ginew Wellness Center.
• Provide basic foot care services, including ankle-brachial pressure index (ABPI) and medication reviews
• Manage and conduct all aspects of foot care clinics operation and foot care visits according to the established quality care standards of practice
• Works collaboratively with the health care team to help meet positive client care outcomes consistent with the plan of care and the nursing process.
• Co-ordinate and ensure all supplies and related equipment are secured, sterilized, properly set up and fully operational
• Provides accurate, detailed, and timely documentation in accordance with set guidelines, including collection and submission of evaluation data
• Teach and educate on foot-care related topics
• Determine and carry out appropriate foot care nursing interventions
• Referrals submitted to appropriate professionals, community health programs, etc.
• Will use the Diabetes Integration Project: Basic Foot Care standards, Policies & Procedures Manual, 2011, “A Holistic Approach to First Nations Foot Care” as a guide in their practice.
• Implementing the Diabetes Canada Clinical Practice Guidelines for clients with diabetes
• Be a registered member in good standing with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba/College of registered Nurses of Manitoba
• Foot Care Certification of Completion
• Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate
• Criminal record & vulnerable sector check is required
• Valid Driver's License
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Experience working with clients with diabetes
• Knowledge of First Nations culture & traditions
• Knowledge of Diabetes Canada Clinical Practice Guidelines
Please submit a cover letter and resume, and 3 work related references
Sherri Thomas, Assistant Director Fax: (204) 427-2484 Email: [email protected]
Closing date: January 25, 2019
Job type: Salary