We are currently seeking house Parent position in our Jeremiah House, Moose Jaw. The right candidate will be experienced and/or educated in working with youth or young adults in a supportive environment.
- Provide a stabilizing presence in the house at night
- Document issues that arise during your shift
- Building stability within the home
- Communications: Daily conversations/updates with Manager and Youth Care Leaders via text, emails, calls and Communication Log.
- Be in the home regularly and routinely by 11:00 pm until 8:00 am the next morning to provide a stable home environment.
- Be aware of the youths morning routines and support/guide them as necessary and medicine as required
- Be committed to continued training e.g. First Aid.CPR, ASSIST
- This is a Full-Time Contract position, 2 hours a morning, on call overnight Monday-Friday and 2 overnight weekends a month. Respite is provided on the 1st and 3rd weekend of each month.
- Youth For Christ requires a one year commitment. The contract, terms and agreements will be reviewed annually.
Required Skills are: Strong communication, both written and verbal; time management; organization; punctuality, actively involved in the local church.
- Ability to set and maintain healthy, professional boundaries
-Must hold a valid drivers license and must be able to carry 8 passengers.
- SALARY: $1650 a month. $400.00 room and board: food, utilities, one bedroom suite, garage parking and storage will be deducted each month.
We require all staff to be in agreement with our Statement of Faith and to continually fundraise to support the Ministry vision.
Job type: Full-time