Electronic Technologist Team Supervisor
Salary 76,728 - 102,824
NAV CANADA is a private company that owns and operates Canada’s civil air navigation service (ANS) and guides the world’s aircraft safely and expeditiously through Canadian-controlled airspace. With approximately 5,000 employees located from coast to coast, we offer some of the most exciting careers in the field of aviation. Named a top 100 Canada Employer, NAV CANADA provides a professional and fulfilling work environment for their employees. We’re proud to provide a workplace that offers meaningful careers that not only matters to all Canadians, but to people around the world.
We are seeking a motivated Electronic Technologist Team Supervisor – at our Regina Maintenance Centre. As the Team Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising a group of Technologist who specialize in the maintenance of communications, navigation and surveillance systems and network equipment.
This role requires an individual with strong organizational, communication and leadership skills. You will be continuously challenged in an ever-changing dynamic environment, focusing on maintaining technology that sets us apart as an award-winning company.
For three consecutive years, we have been awarded as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we offer a total compensation package that includes:
• Competitive Base Salary and Leave Structure
• Health Care and Dental Care Plan (with additional Health
• Defined Benefit Pension Plan
• Opportunities for professional and personal development and
What you’ll be doing
• Responsible for supervising a team of Electronic Technologists to
ensure system integrity and technical configuration.
• Provide service restoration for complex electronics equipment,
systems, and network used in the provision of Air Navigation
Services to aircraft.
• Plans and organizes the preventive maintenance activities,
certification and validation services, installation and validation of
operational software loads for a variety of electronic equipment,
systems and networks to ensure optimum effectiveness of
operation of equipment for the designated area of responsibility.
• In consultation with key stakeholders, participates in priority
setting for corrective maintenance and assigns tasks to qualified
technologists for system restoration.
• Validates system parameters, service elements, follows up on
open work orders and completes system log entries.
• Determines and responds to corrective maintenance priorities by
investigating system problems, developing solutions,
reconfiguring computer systems and networks and rectifying
deficiencies in a real time operation.
• Installs and/or modifies electronic equipment to meet new
requirements or to improve serviceability of equipment and
• Investigates problems, suggests and develops solutions and
carries out tests to improve equipment and system performance
standards and rectify deficiencies in performance.
What we’re looking for
• 3-5 years leadership experience in a technical environment.
• Significant experience with maintenance, installation, or
instruction of electronic equipment.
• Use and understanding of MAXIMO is an asset.
• Experience related to Electronics maintenance in
Communications, Navigational Aids and/or surveillance (CNS)
Systems is considered an asset.
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing
• Work independently, with a minimum of direction and supervision
• Apply effective leadership techniques necessary to build strong
and productive teams
• Delegate, give feedback, guide and advise co-workers
• Plan, prioritize, organize and schedule maintenance activities
• Set priorities and follow up on corrective action
• Analyze, interpret and diagnose system failure modes and to
ensure immediate restore procedures are carried out
• Provide input relating to budget plans, training and performance
Ability to obtain Airport Restricted Area Access
Valid Drivers permit required
Able to obtain a valid Canadian passport
Travel for training/work averaging 1 week a month
At NAV CANADA, safety is our priority. We require pre-employment drug screening for all candidates offered positions designated as safety sensitive in accordance with NAV CANADA’s Drug and Alcohol policy. Please note that this position is considered safety sensitive and is subject to drug screening.
*Please note that priority will be given to internal candidates.
Job type: Full-time