Accounting / Financial Analyst
As the Westfield Industries Accounting / Financial Analyst, you will assist with the accounting and finance functions for the division. The Analyst supports the Divisional Controller with planning, coordinating, and managing day-to-day financial, accounting, costing, budgeting, forecasting and office administration. This position will be focused on production costs, analyzing margins, assist with customer pricing and material costs. In addition to day to day cost analysis, the Analyst will closely monitor Capex and other projects as directed by the Divisional Controller and General Manager.
• Including, but not limited to the following:
o Perform margin analysis by part / product line / customer as required and make suggestions for improvement in all areas.
o Assist with Evaluating price lists and sales programs for existing and upcoming seasons
o Review and analyze quotes, sales orders, approve customer invoices and customer payments, and perform collection activities.
o Review and analyze purchase orders, receiving of goods and vendor invoices
o Review and analyze job orders, inventory transactions and ensure controls over inventory / asset management are in place and effective, including participating in inventory counts and periodic capital asset reviews and reconciliations with fixed asset system.
o Evaluate make vs buy production decisions and buy vs lease capex decisions.
o Prepare supporting schedules for the monthly financial statements.
o Analyze and participate in preparation of budgets and forecasts pertaining to cash flows, operating/divisional performance and capex throughout the year.
o Perform scenario analysis on the above budgets/forecasts to determine impact of varying inputs such as customer pricing and input costs
o Perform variance analysis of results compared to budget, prior year, and regular forecasts – on a summary and detailed level. Make suggestions for improvement and corrective action
• Cooperate with all areas within the company while developing goals and plans to ensure department and company objectives are met.
SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Ability to prepare, review and maintain all accounting functions.
• Ability to plan, assign and evaluate job tasks.
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
• Experience in the administration and maintenance of accounting systems and processes.
• Proven ability to build strong working relationships both internal and external to the organization.
• Ability to problem-solve and make sound recommendations pertaining to organization effectiveness.
• Communicate effectively both verbal and written.
• Analytical thinking and ability to pay attention to detail.
• Post-secondary education in the area of accounting or finance. Preference to those with an accounting designation or comparable experience.
• 2 + years of work experience in accounting, preference may be given to those with manufacturing or cost accounting experience.
• ERP manufacturing software knowledge required
• Past experience in supervising accounting functions and/or team members.
• A professional and positive attitude and approach to work.
• Proficient with Microsoft office essential.
• Experience with or exposure to Salesforce (or like CRM) and consolidation software would be considered a definite asset
Salary and benefits will be dependent on skills, experience, and qualifications.
Job type: Full-time