Do you want to help your community and make a difference? The Treaty Three Police Service is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and mature individual to assist the organization in successfully meeting their mandate and mission statement. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Systems Administrator provides user support for software and network inventory, assists with implementation of new programs and IT policies, web development, data integrity and specific project implementation. This is a full-time, permanent position at its Headquarters in Kenora, ON. Treaty Three Police Service offers competitive salaries, pension, benefit coverage and paid vacation.
The ideal candidate should have:
• Diploma in a related discipline (e.g. network design, database design and maintenance, IT systems security and maintenance) from a recognized Community College or University with Canadian accreditation.
• Preferred experience in Net +, MCSE, VMWare and Airwatch
• Proven experience and technical knowledge of current messaging and collaboration systems software, protocols and standards, including Microsoft Exchange
• Hands-on knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus and spam filtering software, data encryption
• Experience installing, configuring and maintaining server hardware and associated network equipment
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent customer service and oral communications skills
• Ability to answer telephone and respond accurately and courteously to inquiries
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work based upon business needs
• Highly developed computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
• Ability to accurately interpret and apply guidelines, procedures and regulations in a variety of situations
• Ability to anticipate demands/pressures of assignments and adapt accordingly to meet critical deadlines
• Demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and self-motivation
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Accuracy and attention to detail are crucial
• Must possess cultural sensitivity and a familiarity with the Treaty Three area
• Keen understanding of Indigenous customs and cultures
• Must successfully pass a background check
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, detailed resume, current criminal records check (CRC) and a Treaty Three Police Service Consent to Disclose Form by Friday, March 1, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Please contact the Treaty Three Police Service at (807) 548-5474 to obtain a Consent to Disclose Form. Candidates must also be available on their days off for possible call back to duty.
Please e-mail your complete package to [email protected]
The Treaty Three Police Service appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those who receive an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time