Steel Reef Infrastructure
Plant Operator – Coleville Plant
Posted: February 6, 2019
Closing Date: February 15, 2019
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Union: Unifor Local 649
The Plant Operator performs duties associated with plant, pipeline and storage operations and minor maintenance duties in accordance with standards, specifications and accepted industry practices, including implementing sound decisions in emergency situations.
Position responsibilities include:
• Operate compressor drives, compressors and associated plant and storage infrastructure.
• Inspect and assess station operating units and auxiliary equipment and take any follow-up action required to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
• Inspect and assess instruments, controls and emergency equipment and take any follow-up action required to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
• Carry out operating orders and gas control centre requirements to maintain system gas flows and pressures.
• Interpret and calculate information from charts, computer applications and measurement instruments and prepare and process logs, forms and reports as required.
• Conduct a variety of tests in accordance with the established contract specifications of natural gas and recovered by-products in order to meet and initiate corrective measures, if required this may include dewpointing and or sample gathering, etc.
• Inspect the work performed by contractors and others to ensure compliance with instructions, standards and specifications.
• Perform transmission line operation duties with respect to line locating, foreign crossings, hot taps, hot tie ins, block valve operation pipeline integrity projects, etc.
• Coordinate and/or participate in pipeline integrity digs, cleaning runs, electronic tool runs and re-coating of pipeline to ensure integrity of the pipeline system.
• Maintain pipeline infrastructure such as pipeline markers, buildings, right of way and facility sites, dewpointing facilities, and other assigned or related facilities.
• Check, report, correct and participate in accident, incident, hazards and encroachment investigations and the settlement of property and damage claims.
• Maintain and complete minor repairs on compressor drives, pumps, compressor storage infrastructure and associated plant process facilities.
• Assist with major maintenance assignments.
• Assist in all locations where DMO II or higher is responsible for the end product of the maintenance. This may include overhauls, major maintenance etc. The definition of assist is that the District Operator will help with the work being done either along side a tradesperson in the area or as directed by the tradesperson who assumes responsibility for the work being done.
• Utilize programs and procedures that organize, coordinate and schedule work assignments and maintain operating records.
• As the qualified incumbent, oversee the work of the other employees/contractors as assigned to ensure work is performed in accordance with instructions, standards and specifications.
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Valid Class 5 driver's license.
• Physically fit
• Three (3) years of industry related experience in a mechanical setting.
• District Operator Certificate of Qualification.
• Applicable mandatory Occupational Health & Safety training, certifications and other Corporately required training and certification.
Skill and Abilities:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to use sound judgement in responding to customers
• Strong analytical and computer skills
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Ability to provide guidance and on-the-job training
• Ability to use sound judgement in day to day activities and in making decisions in emergency situations
• Ability to work with manual and power equipment and tools
• Commitment to continuous learning
• This job is routinely scheduled for standby
• This job is subject to call-out situations
• Travel, including overnight stays away from bid headquarters is required on occasion
• This job requires extended work hours
The company and its employees are expected to honour, practice and live each of these values all the time:
Safety, Accountability, Integrity, Communication Community, Recognition and Spirit
Hourly wage range: Plant Operator - $30.50/hr
Group Health Benefits and Retirement Savings Plan programs are available to Coleville plant employees.
Steel Reef welcomes all qualified applicants to send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
External Posting - #SR0002
Job type: Full-time