The Valley Weed Control District Board is accepting applications for a FULL TIME WEED SUPERVISOR and PESTICIDE APPLICATOR for the summer seasons, running from April 15 – October 15, being laid off during the off-season, October 16 – April 14.
Position is suited to students or persons looking for reliable work that may have experience operating equipment, using pesticides and working outdoors.
The Valley Weed Control District Board is a municipal organisation consisting of the R.M. of Montcalm and the Town of Morris. The V.W.C.D.B is primarily involved in enforcing the Noxious Weeds Act through monitoring, mowing and herbicide application on properties and roadsides in the District.
• Operate weed control equipment and vehicle with sprayer.
• Keep daily records of all activities performed and prepare weekly and annual reports to the board, municipalities and province.
• Maintain the shop, tools, vehicles and equipment in safe and working order.
• Valid Manitoba Class 5 and Class 3 with air brake endorsement Driver’s License or willing to obtain.
• Must have or be willing and able to obtain a Pesticide Applicators License (Core & Rural Municipal) by June 1, 2019.
• Strong & effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with the public.
• Computer proficiency in processing documents and spreadsheets and operating e-mail software.
• Ability to operate equipment including an all-terrain vehicle with sprayer, Mack truck and F150 Diesel Truck with spray equipment and other equipment as needed.
• Must be willing and able to work outdoors independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Willing to start work early in the morning and work overtime if necessary.
• Previous experience in equipment operation or pesticide application would be an asset.
• Mechanical and Welding skills would be an asset.
• Knowledge of weed identification and the use of herbicides would be an asset.
• Knowledge of the R.M. of Montcalm and Town of Morris areas would be an asset.
• Wage: $19 to $22 per hour, depending on qualifications, with benefits plan.
Candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume before 3:00 p.m. on Friday March 1, 2019
Job type: Full-time