Employee Group: Non-union
Department/Service/Program: Eden Residential Care Services, Positive Living Program, Steinbach
Hours of Work: Schedule TBD
Position: 0.6FTE Term
Start/End Date: TBD – June 2019 (possibility of extension)
Closing Date: February 22, 2019
Job Posting Number: EE-195-0208
Please note: Your email/cover letter must indicate the relevant Job Posting Number.
Please apply directly via email to:
Payroll & Human Resources Manager
Eden Health Care Services
Under the supervision of the Housing and Supports Manager, the Program Activity Worker plans, organizes and facilitates activities of the Positive Living Program with the input and collaboration of participants of the community who live with a mental illness. The Program Activity Worker will use Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Principles in carrying out their regular duties.
• University or college education in Human Services or other relative education/experience required.
• Experience in Mental Health preferred.
• Previous experience in group facilitation an asset.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implements a program that is holistic, taking into account the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs/interests of the participants.
• Demonstrates flexibility, creativity and initiative in implementing a recovery oriented activity program.
• Provides support and direction in implementing the program in such a way that fully involves the participant.
• Uses language and behaviors, which demonstrate and show respect for participant individuality and dignity.
*** Complete job description available upon request. ***
Job type: Part-time