Direct Support Professional - New home part time opportunities!
Posted on February 11, 2019. Region: Morden & Winkler, MB
Gateway Resources Inc. is a non-profit organization assisting people with intellectual disabilities in the Winkler / Morden area.
We are opening a new home in the Morden area and are looking for 2 new team members. It would be for 33 hours biweekly (every two weeks) and would be for every other weekend and 2 evenings the first week plus 1 evening the second week. Additional hours are available depending on the successful candidates scheduling restrictions.
The successful candidates will support residents and assist in providing an environment in which residents can become valued members of the community through integration.
The successful applicants must:
• have a genuine interest in supporting people with intellectual disabilities,
• be 18 years of age or older,
• have a minimum Canadian grade 10 education or equivalent,
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and use of personal vehicle.
• Be willing to take First Aid/CPR training and complete a Criminal Record Check.
• Complete an Adult Abuse Registry Check
• have experience in meal planning and preparation, and house cleaning
• Be motivated and willing to work as a team and able to work independently
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Be available to work flexible hours including evenings, occasional statutory holidays and have flexibility with shifts. Rotation of shifts may change depending on the needs of the individual.
Our positions have competitive wages plus benefit plans (premiums paid by the employer) for both part time (over 40 hours biweekly) and full time employees plus pension plans.
Resumes will be accepted until successful candidates have been selected. When applying, list any scheduling restrictions
Send resumes via email, fax or drop by in person to complete an application (Gateway offices, 1582 Pembina Ave, 8:30 to 4:00 p.m.) to:
Director of Human Resources,
PH (204) 325-7304 ext. 233 Fax (204) 325-1958
Email [email protected]
We would like to thank you in advance for applying for this position. We will, however, only be in contact with those applicants we wish to arrange an interview with.
Job type: Part-time