24 hours/week in our Ile des Chenes office (10 minutes from the Perimeter)
Rate negotiable and dependent on experience
Churchill Wild is Canada’s premiere polar bear and beluga whale viewing company and operates at three lodges outside of Churchill, Manitoba.
Celebrating our 25th anniversary this year, our highly rated and award-winning properties are members of the National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World and of the Magnificent 7.
This contract will be performed in our Ile des Chenes office and will include the entire accounting cycle right from entering invoices to generating monthly financial statements to preparing year-end for our accountants.
• Process all Accounting Transactions
• Manage A/P, A/R, Inventory and Payroll
• Prepare GST Returns and Payroll Remittances
• Bank Reconciliation
• Online Payments such as EFT etc.
• Full cycle accounting including production of monthly financial statements
• Employee onboarding and any Benefits administration
• Coordinate budget preparation
• Work to constantly improve processes and efficiencies, find areas to automate
• Regular communication with management to achieve objectives outlined above and deal proactively with issues as they arise
• Must have a minimum of five years of Accounting experience
• Proficient use of Sage software
• A solid understanding of Accounting Principals
• Strong Attention to Detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel
• Desire to work as part of a team with a positive attitude
Salary Dependent on experience, and negotiable.
• Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job.
• Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team.
• Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace.
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities.
• Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Applications will be accepted until February 19, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.