Posted on February 27, 2019. Region: Westman Region, MB
Employee Group: Non Union
Department/Service/ Program: Eden Health Care Services
FTE/Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE / 2080 Annual Hours / 8am - 5pm, Mon - Fri
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: March 22, 2019
Job Posting Number: EHCS-195-0227
Please note: Your email/cover letter must indicate the relevant Job Posting Number.
Please apply directly via email to:
Payroll & Human Resources Manager
Eden Health Care Services
As the most senior position within the Finance Department, the Director of Finance, Audit and Compliance provides leadership to direct reports and the overall finance and payroll team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Finance of Audit and Compliance builds and sustains the capacity of the finance and payroll departments and provides exemplary stewardship through the establishment, monitoring and improvement of accounting, finance and payroll systems and controls, audit and compliance, policies and procedures. The Director of Finance, Audit and Compliance also oversees ongoing asset management, including optimizing building maintenance and renewal expenditures, and ensuring capital plans sustain long-term asset performance.
This position will provide guidance and mentoring to the leadership team on audit work that consists of compliance, comprehensive, and attest audits.
This position is responsible for developing and managing departmental programs for control of assets, budgetary planning, expenditure control and accounting for revenue and operating costs in accordance with Eden Health Care Services (EHCS) policies and procedures. As a member of the EHCS Leadership Team, the Director of Finance, Audit and Compliance provides advice and recommendations regarding strategic planning and the improvement and/or development of services contributing to corporate excellence.
The incumbent also develops and maintains timely and accurate financial statements and financial reports that are appropriate for users such as the Board of Governors, Finance Committee, CEO, Government of Manitoba, external funders (organizations), and internal managers and committees in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Completion of a recognized accounting designation such as CPA, CGA, CMA
• A minimum of five years experience in financial management at a senior level
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
• Proven ability to provide leadership to a team and to work in a team environment; has interpersonal skills and qualities necessary to generate enthusiasm, integrity and build consensus with direct reports and staff members
• Quality improvement experience both in leadership and participatory settings
• Experience working in a unionized environment
• Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting non-profit organizations
• Demonstrated capacity to think strategically with expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Advanced proficiency with computerized financial systems
• Experience in public sector accounting would be an asset
• Knowledge of mental health would be considered an asset
*** Complete Job Description available upon request ***
Job type: Full-time