The Canadian Mental Health Association is looking to hire a part time Vocational Program Coordinator. This individual will be committed to assisting those diagnosed with a mental health illness to live well. Our new hire must be a self-starter and organized. This individual will work with a team and independently to develop this new program and train participants to increase their pre-vocational ability.
1. Plan, implement, and evaluate a vocational rehabilitation program.
2. Contact various agencies/persons in the community to offer services or to find contracts.
3. Hire, supervise and discipline participants.
4. Provide prevocational training in areas specific to the task to be completed as well as those areas related to vocational training in general (appropriate dress, appearance, behavior, hygiene)
5. Be alert and responsive to environmental and vocational safety needs of the participants.
6. Work side by side with the participants on the job to provide instruction, guidance and support to ensure the task is completed successfully and to intervene where any problems arise.
7. Provide evaluation of participants on a regular basis to show progress, developing and promoting individuals’ skill level to further employment opportunities.
8. Responsible to complete work to the customer’s satisfaction where a contract has been undertaken and members are unable to complete the task.
9. Maintain records/timesheets/statistics on clients and programs as required.
10. Keep financial records completed and up to date for clients, customers and CMHA-SC.
Perform other duties appropriate to the position as may be assigned by the Executive Director
1. Strong communications and public relations skills.
2. Compassionate, respectful, and able to develop positive relationships.
3. Demonstrated ability to follow program directions.
4. Ability to communicate and relate effectively with persons with psychiatric disabilities.
5. Able to plan, organize, and undertake work in absence of immediate supervision.
6. Resourceful and highly motivated in developing community opportunities for contracts.
7. Post-Secondary education preferred
8. City of Swift Current Safe Places Certified
9. Valid Driver’s License
Part time position 2 year contract
Salary - As per SGEU - CMHA Swift Current - Mental Health Worker 1
Application deadline: March 13, 2019
Job type: Part-time