The MJACL is looking for energetic people to work in the summer program assisting children and youth with autism and other intellectual disabilities. The worker will provide the necessary supports needed to ensure that participants are included in all aspects of community-based programming.
Dates of Position: July 2 – August 16, 2019 (7 weeks)
Hours of work: Hours of work vary depending on which of the 3 summer programs you are assigned to. 5.5 hours/day.
Pay: $17-18/hour Casual Part-time employment- salaried
1. Individualized or small group Behavioral (social) Skill Building;
2. Individualized or small group Life Skills Building (i.e. hygiene, transportation, cooking, etc.);
3. Contribution to and delivery of Behavior Support Plans;
4. Monitor, record and report participant progress, as per each participants’ goals;
5. Assist in dressing, eating, toileting, and transportation as required; (lifting may be required depending on the needs/wheelchair participants
6. Facilitate communication through assistive means such as PECS and other technologies, as per the disability and therapeutic plan;
7. Foster the physical, emotional, intellectual and social development of the participant; and
8. Support opportunities for social development, recreation, sensory stimulation, friendship, inclusion, and independence.
• First Aid/CPR B certification is an asset;
• A combination of education and experience working with children and youth;
• Access to a reliable vehicle, with third party liability insurance, on a daily basis and be willing to use vehicle for work duties;
• Provide a current Criminal Record background check including the vulnerable sector, and
• Be 18 years or older
The MJACL thanks all those who apply for their interest and consideration of the position, however due to time constraints, only those successful in moving onto the interview stage will be contacted
Job type: Seasonal