Foothills Church & Community Ministries exists solely to glorify and serve God. Our mission, founded upon Christ’s command “to go and make disciples” (Matthew 28:19-20), is to proclaim the message of salvation, seek to win the lost for Christ and nurture followers in their faith. We will strive to be a caring community, as we celebrate our faith through worship and services, teaching of the Word and opportunities for individual expression and commitment.
The Community and Youth Ministries Coordinator provide a discipleship and outreach ministry to children, youth and young adults from the Church and the local community.
• Contributes to the spiritual and pastoral development of the children, youth and young adults in the church by mentoring, discipling, encouraging, and modeling appropriate Christian attitudes and behaviors.
• Develops, implements, maintains and evaluates programs/ministries relevant to the children, youth and young adults of the church and the wider community.
• Plans and conducts creative worship services as scheduled throughout the year.
• Plans, promotes and supervises ’special events’ (Rally day, VBS, Retreats, Camps and other Divisional Youth Events).
• Has input in preparation of the youth department budget/s.
• Creates & coordinates evangelistic outreach activities & pastoral care programs (including to parents/guardians of the children/youth involved in programs).
• Conducts & coordinates Bible Studies.
• Assists in the planning of assimilation strategies and events as required to promote incorporation into the church fellowship.
• Prays with and or leads children/youth and family members to faith in Jesus Christ as opportunity permits.
• Develops and implements appropriate leadership development for those involved in youth leadership; this includes holding regular leadership & team meetings.
• Handles recruitment, screening, orientation and training processes for volunteer leaders.
• Works as a key member with the church’s administrative and pastoral care givers in corporate problem-solving for the benefit of the church and individuals.
• Knows and acts in accordance with security procedures of the church to ensure the safety and confidentiality of participants and information.
• Interacts with community partners and resources to provide services to youth; including participation on community committees.
• Maintains written records/logs of activities (including activity reports and statistical information).
• Organizes and holds fundraising events throughout the year.
• Must be willing to attend Sunday morning worship services at Foothills Church & Community Ministries Corps with the understanding that Sunday meeting attendance is an essential part of the ministry responsibility.
• Be involved in the Pathway of Hope initiative as part of the support team.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates strong Christian commitment and spiritual maturity.
• Children/Youth Ministry Leadership experience & training
• Studies in Biblical/Christian Ministry preferred
• Demonstrates a passion and self-motivation for ministry to children & youth.
• Team Player, with excellent relationship building, organizational & delegation skills.
• Articulates and demonstrates a clear vision for ministry.
• Must be willing to work within a Christian faith-based Church congregational ministry and adhere to and support the mission, vision, values, policies and procedures of The Salvation Army and the Foothills Church & Community Miniseries Corps.
• Posses good computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office products including Power Point, Publisher and Word.
• Obtain a Criminal Police/Vulnerable Sector Check and Clearance through The Salvation Army internal abuse registry.
• Be willing to complete The Salvation Army Armatus on-line abuse training.
• Be willing to sign The Salvation Army Code of Conduct Receipt & Acknowledgement Form
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Full time
• 40 Hrs / Week
• Must be available to work select evenings and weekends
• Must be available to work at 2 overnight week long camps during the summer months
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Job type: Salary