• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
• Post Secondary education in building or technical trades
• Class “G” Driver’s License (Ontario)
• Minimum of 2 years recent experience in minor carpentry, drywall repair and/or installation, painting, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical projects (including HVAC equipment and building control systems).
• Ability to read and interpret schematics and drawings quickly and accurately
• Mathematical aptitude to compute arithmetic calculations in testing, installing, and estimating
• Knowledge of regulations regarding workplace safety practices and WHMIS
• Familiar with the operation of boilers and boiler water treatment.
• Physically able to perform the essential duties of the job (stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, climb, stand for extended periods, and lift 20-50 lbs regularly, and up to 100 lbs on occasion.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and dexterity to ensure safe handling of all tools/equipment, colour vision to recognize coding, and hearing ability to recognize sounds for identification of malfunctions.
• Ability to handle a variety of changing duties resulting from the complexities of electrical apparatus and equipment, prioritize work assignments, and respond quickly in emergency situations
• Adaptability to work in situations involving exposure to high voltage wiring, heights, environmental conditions such as heat, humidity and cold
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Reliable attendance record
• Must be willing and able to participate in a standby schedule
• Safety training in lockout procedures and hot works an asset.
Please submit a hospital application form, found on our website at: lwdh.on.ca and attach with your resume.
Please respond by Friday, March 29, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time