Supervisor, Project Construction (Loose Housing Conversions)
Posted on January 10, 2017. Region: Brandon, MB
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading agribusinesses (hog production) providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
SUPERVISOR, PROJECT CONSTRUCTION (LOOSE HOUSING CONVERSIONS)
Southwestern MB Region – Full Time Position
The Supervisor, Project Construction is an integral member of the Technical Services Team, providing onsite project construction supervision for loose housing barn conversion projects. This includes daily safety checks, material delivery scheduling, overall project scheduling, and co-ordinance with the General Contractor, sub-contractor, and Maple Leaf Agri-Farm teams.
- Assist with the development of overall construction schedule (Microsoft Project)
- Provide onsite supervision to contractors, vendors, etc.
- Act as liaison to barn staff during Loose Housing conversion
- Enforce safety SOP’s and comply with all legislated Health and Safety regulations
- Approve completion of construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases
- Provide construction costs and identify/outline changes to 1 Up Manager for approval
- Work with Specialist, Sow Group Housing on pre/post conversion management
- Support installation and provide follow up of Nedap Electronic Sow Feeder and Chain disk feed systems
- Monitor and report construction activities to 1 Up Manager and other members of the Loose Housing project
- Work within barn during cross over of construction to assist with sow movement etc.
- Adhere to all MLAF S.O.P.’s, bio-security, and animal welfare policies
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Microsoft Project considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license is required
- A strong understanding of concrete related disciplines is required
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Project Management in the construction field an asset
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously
- Understanding of hog sow production an asset
- Ability to work with animals in a barn environment
- Ability to live and teach our MLF Values
- Travel within Manitoba/Saskatchewan and a flexible schedule is required
Please submit resume to:
Fax: 204.355.4404 Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.
Job type: Full-time