The Dryden Native Friendship Centre is currently accepting resumes for the position of Cultural Resource Coordinator. Full-time (35 hrs/week).
The Cultural Resource Coordinator (CRC) will be responsible for providing increased access to culture and culture based programs and services delivery to urban Indigenous children, youth and families that foster a strong sense of well-being. This position coordinates and supports all the aspects of the cultural knowledge transfer and planning within the Dryden Native Friendship Centre (DNFC). The CRC provides traditional teachings and ceremonies in a safe and acceptable environment. They will coordinate access to Elders and Traditional people to meet the needs of the DNFC community. The CRC will also work to promote cultural awareness, safety and competency within DNFC and the DNFC communities at large while promoting healing and reconciliation.
• Strong knowledge and awareness of Indigenous culture and history, with emphasis on family violence, child welfare, the impacts of trauma, Indigenous youth engagement and community outreach.
• Knowledge and experience working with urban Indigenous children, youth and families in a healing and reconciliation capacity.
• Exceptional knowledge of Indigenous historical and contemporary issues.
• Post-secondary education in Indigenous studies and/or combination of an equivalent and relevant education.
• Minimum of seven years of demonstrated and related work experience within an Indigenous organization or community.
• Skills and experience in presenting workshops and facilitating groups.
• Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to speak Ojibway or Oji-Cree.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must have excellent computer skills; Strong working knowledge of MS Word & data entry.
• Must possess current First-Aid/CPR certification or be willing to be certified.
• An acceptable Criminal Reference Check, Vulnerable Sector, will be a condition of the employment offer.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving records; will be required to provide Driver’s Abstract.
SEND RESUME WITH 3 EMPLOYMENT REFERENCES AND PERMISSION TO CONTACT TO:
Hiring Committee; Dryden Native Friendship Centre
74 Queen Street, Dryden ON P8N 1A4
Fax: (807) 223-6275 | Email: [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday March 19, 2019
DNFC is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourages all persons to apply. Anyone needing accommodations at any time during the hiring process please just let us know and we will make every effort to accommodate you.
***** Only those deemed qualified will be contacted for an interview *****
Job type: Full-time