West-Can Human Resource Solutions is currently recruiting for a Machinist position for an established local company 20 mins outside of Brandon, MB.
This company has been in business, serving industry for over 25 years. We are seeking a highly-motivated individual for their machine shop location who has excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and demonstrated skill and ability in machining parts and components for a wide variety of equipment and pumps.
This position offers an above average base salary compensation, along with a strong benefit package.
Position Purpose: Working as part of a growing and expanding team, the Machinist is responsible for dismantling industrial / agricultural equipment, measuring, machining parts, and re-assembly, ensuring the newly fitted components work as expected.
• Demonstrable manual general machining experience including the operation of lathes, milling machines, drilling machines, horizontal boring mills & align boring experience.
• Excellent work ethic
• Strong attention to detail
• Physically reasonably fit and able to lift 50lbs
• Combination of education and experience in manual machining. Minimum Grade 12 graduate.
• dismantling incoming pumps / equipment
• Measuring and identifying worn components
• specifying repairs to be completed
• sketching and machining new components
• assuring fit of new components
• verifying fit during pump / equipment assembly
For more information or to apply for this opportunity contact us at [email protected] or call 204-727-0008
Job type: Full-time