Posted on March 29, 2019. Region: Kenora, ON
The Kenora & District Chamber of Commerce is seeking to hire a full-time Communications & Marketing Assistant Intern for one year who, under the supervision of the Chamber Manager, will work in the development of initiatives that enhance the economic viability of businesses in the Kenora District.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific duties and responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
• Research, development and implementation of new programs and services to serve membership needs
• Aid members in accessing available resources for individual businesses
• Manage the KDCC’s web-presence through enhancements to the website and social media
• Research, develop and coordinate a new membership recruitment campaign
• Attend and assist with Executive, Board, committee and planning meetings as required
• Government relations
A degree or diploma from a recognized college or university in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Project Management, Commerce or Economic Development, website management and social media. Experience in event planning, project management a definite asset. A proficiency test will accompany the interview.
University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
Application Deadline: Submit cover letter and resume by 4:00pm on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 to:
Kelly Smith, Manager
Kenora & District Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 471, 101 Park Street, Kenora, Ontario, P9N 3X5
Phone: 807.467.4646 | Fax: 807.468.3056
Email: [email protected]
Job type: Full-time