Position Type: Casual
Hours of Work: Flexible Schedule – Daytime, Evening and Weekend Availability Required
Here’s what we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
* Grade 12 and a Human Services Certificate, diploma or degree, or equivalent work experience providing the following: Knowledge and experience working with children, youth, and families in crisis; knowledge of the Ministry of Social Services; understanding of client-centered and strength-based services
* Must be able to maintain professional boundaries, take initiative, demonstrate reliability, flexibility and work independently
* Ability to perform tasks to achieve outcomes and meet deadlines
* Computer literacy
* Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, observation and decision making skills
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a team and in collaboration with other professionals
* Awareness of community resources, child development, alternative parenting strategies and knowledge of child maltreatment, family dynamics and stressors
* Must have valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle that can accommodate car seats
What we can offer you:
* Rewarding, meaningful work in a positive workplace
* Supportive team environment
* Opportunity for continuous personal and professional growth
* A fulfilling job you will look forward to going to
Here’s what your contribution will be as a Family Support Worker:
* Work independently as well as part of a team to provide support to families in their home and community
* Maintain client support according to the contract particulars including development of strength-based treatment plans, which will support the contract outcomes, with the Ministry of Social Services Case Manager, the Family Support Program Coordinator and the family
* Provide education and support for life skills, modeling appropriate boundaries, parenting skills, household management.
* Promote healthy child development and positive interaction between family members
* Provide transportation for client appointments and supervised visits
* Record keeping of client information and prepare regular progress reports
Training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Closing Date: April 15, 2019 at 12 noon.
Please send your application to:
Envision Counselling and Support Centre Inc.
Estevan, SK. S4A 2A5
Attention: Lynda Rideout, Assistant Executive Director
Please Note: Successful applicants must consent to a Criminal Record Check
Job type: Part-time