Community Links provides services to all residents in Airdrie, Beiseker, Crossfield, Irricana, and surrounding areas of the County of North Rocky View. The main office is located in Airdrie, with satellite offices in other communities.
Support Services Workers provide services and supports to all ages (children, youth, adults, seniors and families) as well as referrals to other agencies and organizations. Workers will help individuals and families identify resources that may be able to assist them to increase community participation and promote social inclusion. Support is given to address various primary concerns which include, but are not limited to: education, employment, forms assistance, special needs resources, legal referrals, parenting support and connections, counselling referrals, outreach, assistance with projects/initiatives, and information on community and agency services (including child care options and volunteer opportunities). In addition to being a resource for community residents, various other Service Providers contact Community Links for consultation and information about programs available to assist their clients. Workers will also facilitate groups, workshops and presentations.
• Support and participate in Agency and Support Services meetings and committees – (including but not limited to: agency, staff, and team meetings, peer mentoring, individual supervision meetings).
• Practice self-development as well as support other’s growth and development.
• Inspire and motivate staff and volunteers by providing on-going support and role modeling of Agency Policies and Values (Respect, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Inclusiveness and Collaboration).
• Responsible for intake and comprehensive assessment of individuals, seniors and families with the appropriate case management and follow up being provided.
• Ensure that the programs and services offered by Support Services contribute to the organization’s vision, mission and values and meet the expectations of key stakeholders.
• Be supportive of agency philosophy and be comfortable with issues related to the work of the agency.
• Contribute to regular Support Services reports including monthly Board reports and AGM report.
Program Planning and Management
• Coordinate and organize special projects for Community Links, in partnership with other organizations.
• Advocate on behalf of individuals, seniors and families and/or provide support for self-advocacy.
• Provide all aspects of service delivery as a Support Services Worker including the promoting, planning, preparation, implementation and evaluation (continuous quality improvement process including surveys, program audits, etc.) throughout North Rocky View.
• Help to ensure that programs include industry best practices.
• Strategies and program designs will reflect theories and philosophies that are evidence-based, strength-based, client centered, trauma informed, and culturally/gender appropriate.
• Assist in program coverage and support peers including helping with program clean up and set up when necessary.
• Ensure that all programs focus on the needs of the client. This includes referring individuals to other services and programs when appropriate, collaborate with other professionals and advocate to other services on behalf of the client.
• Implement clear, thorough and timely communication at all levels using appropriate, effective tools and techniques.
• Ensure confidentiality of client accessing programs and services in accordance with FOIP and agency policies and procedures.
• Maintain and submit clear and concise statistical information that meets outcome measures, in a timely manner.
• Ensure files, media releases and program photographs (for use in promotional materials) are secured at all times and information acquired during the completion of duties is kept in the strictest of confidence.
Human Resources and Management
• Ensure all agency and department Policies and Procedures are respected and strictly adhered to.
• Participate in staff orientation and ongoing support and training where appropriate.
• Support the annual Development Plan process for self, Coordinator, Manager and peers.
• Support a flexible, versatile and/or changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
• Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness and improve performance while fostering teamwork.
• Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• Ensure ethical behaviour and business practices are consistent with industry standards and align with the values of the organization.
Financial Planning and Management
• Ensure that requests in regards to program supplies, equipment or resources are submitted to Manager.
• Participate in and support fundraising initiatives.
• Work from a community development framework to establish and maintain partnerships and collaborations in the community.
• Involvement with committees, activities and events where appropriate and with approval of Manager.
• Represent the organization at agency, community and partnership activities to enhance the organizations community profile.
• Assist in identifying community needs and ways the organization can respond to facilitate positive change.
• Network, share and access resources with other agencies, programs and services whenever necessary and appropriate.
• Assessment of individuals, seniors and families accessing programs with appropriate case management and follow up.
• Assist agency representatives to identify and evaluate the risks to clients, staff and volunteers, property, finances, and image.
• Timely completion and submission of accident and incident forms when applicable. Follow up on critical incidents and/or situations with Manager, as required, to provide support, ensure proper protocol is followed and minimize future risks.
• Ensure agency Health and Safety policies and procedures are strictly adhered to. •
SKILL SET, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Minimum of Diploma in Human Services field - Degree preferred.
Minimum of 1 year related experience in Human Services field.
Capable of moving/lifting program equipment, resources.
Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
Ability to create a positive impression in a professional and respectful manner.
Enjoys interaction with people and is non-judgmental.
Ability to work flexible hours (including days, evenings, and some weekends).
Experience working in an inclusive, culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary team setting an asset.
Competent in or willing to gain knowledge of resources, community and social issues (within North Rocky View and Area).
Knowledge in group facilitation techniques and strategies.
Be willing to accept a variety of job related tasks.
Positive attitude with commitment to providing quality service is essential.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Use effective stress management skills.
Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, including prioritizing and setting goals.
Is self-motivated and able to work independently.
Ability to work well with others.
Proactive, punctual and reliable.
Must have or be able to attain a Criminal Record check (Vulnerable Sector).
Must have or be willing to attain a CS Child and Youth Intervention check.
Standard First Aid, Level C, CPR/AED and ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training).
Driving to rural locations, in all weather and road conditions. Current driver’s license with adequately insured, reliable transportation required.
Required to stand or sit for extended periods of time during performance of duties.
May involve working with clients who present criminal or suicidal tendencies/potential exposure to violence and aggression.
Terms: 35 hours per week; commencing when suitable candidate is found
Please submit your resume with cover letter to: Suzanne Howe, Administrative Services Manager, Community Links, 211 – 125 Main Street NW, Airdrie, AB. T4B 0P7, Fax: 403-945-3901 or e-mail: [email protected]
To learn more about Community Links please visit our website at www.nrvcl.ab.ca
(Note: Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please)
Job type: Full-time