Location: Dryden, Ontario
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager is responsible for delivering a safe, effective and efficient student transportation system for the Northwestern Ontario Student Services Consortium. Located in the heart of Northwestern Ontario and known as the “Wilderness City”, the vibrant community of Dryden offers an appealing lifestyle including that of affordable housing. The Consortium serves students in the areas of North/Northwestern Ontario for the Keewatin-Patricia, Northwest Catholic, and Kenora Catholic District School Boards, as well as CSDC des Aurores boreales. NWOSSC has the distinction of achieving a ‘High’ rating as evaluated by the Province of Ontario. This rating relates to organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This position will provide leadership and strategic direction to Consortium (and staff) as well as the responsibility of performance management/measurement and compliance relating to the transportation contracts, as well as overseeing the day to day operations.
Competencies we are seeking:
• A degree in Commerce, Business Administration or a related field is preferred
• A College Diploma in a related field will be considered
• 5 years of progressively responsible management experience
• 3 years related business/technical experience in student transportation or a related discipline
• A high level of initiative and critical thinking ability
• Strong analytical and decision-making capabilities
• The ability to function competently in stressful situations is essential
• Demonstrated experience in developing and managing a large budget
• Report writing and presentation skills
• Experience in procuring, negotiating and managing contracts
• A valid Ontario Driver’s license
• The ability and willingness to travel within the Consortium’s service area and work irregular hours as required (this will involve overnight travel)
• Geographic knowledge of the service area would be considered an asset
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualifications and experience by April 29, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. to Tina Sinclair at [email protected]
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a Criminal Background Check – Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purposes of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job type: Full-time