Regina Youth For Christ
Our mission is dedicated to helping youth and their communities’ reach their full potential. Motivated by our faith, we serve all youth, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender as a demonstration of God’s unconditional love for all people. We are committed to provide an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. To achieve our mission, we are seeking a creative, innovative visionary that wants to grow and expand housing to impact youth in the city of Regina and beyond.
Under the direction of the Regina Youth for Christ Executive Director, the Housing Director is responsible for overseeing the Housing Programs and Housing teams in each of the three group homes in Regina, SK and one group home in Moose Jaw, SK. Through an innovative, solutions-focused and collaborative approach, the successful candidate will ensure the high standards of caring for and journeying alongside youth are achieved.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Superior interpersonal skills (is approachable, friendly; can establish and maintain relationships with all stakeholders (internal and external); respects diversity).
• High performing, self-motivated individual who is results focused. Self-starter who takes initiative and is committed to improving processes.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Solid problem-solving/decision making to identify and manages issues without hesitation. Does not jump to the first solution without considering the impact. Can make decisions independently using sound judgement.
• Team player who is open to coaching, feedback and learning; shares information with the team.
• Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and have the ability for minimal travel and occasional work on evenings and weekends.
• This position requires on-call availability to Regina YFC Housing managers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Trained in housing, residential operations and/or the shelter system for youth and/or young adults.
• Five (5) years working directly with Government Social Service Agencies.
• Five (5) years working with youth in underserved communities.
• Five (5) years demonstrated management experience including strategic planning, budgeting, performance management and problem solving.
• Training in the following areas is an asset; First Aid/CPR, ASIST, Non-Violent Crisis and Emotional First Aid.
• Identifies, plans, develops, implements and evaluates housing initiatives including case management, intake assessment; broad knowledge of theories, principles and practices of shelter and/or residential placement services for youth and young adults.
• Identifies, establishes and maintains with clarity, the high-needs and complexities of the youth population; including applicants, clients, and the community and possesses the ability to devise appropriate strategies to address them.
• Assesses individual and organizational needs and/or opportunities and provides solutions-focused recruitment and retention plans to meet needs; familiarity with suicide/risk assessment and crisis support services.
• High level of administrative skills including data management and tracking associated with the day to day operation of housing.
• Knowledge of the Government of Saskatchewan’s Ministry of Social Services community services, relevant legislation, education system and social justice issues; human trafficking, poverty, LGBTQ2S youth, youth justice, substance abuse, cultural practices and rights. Establishes key metrics to determine success; researches, analyzes and reports on relevant talent management data and analytics to provide evidence of improvement/success and key areas for development.
Regina Youth for Christ offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with a great team of professionals. Candidates must be willing to agree and sign the Regina Youth for Christ Community Commitment and Statement of Faith. Application deadline is April 19th, 2019, applicants can submit their resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience and qualifications listed above to:
People Resources Manager
2025 Lorne St.
Regina, SK, S4P 2M4
Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time