Hawk’s Agro a division of JGL group, is a proud locally owned and operated independent agriculture retailer, based in five locations through out South Western Saskatchewan. We are seeking an Agronomist to work in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. The ideal candidate must possess knowledge of the agriculture industry, as they will have primary contact with growers to promote and consult a vast variety of products and services that are provided by our company.
Hawk's Agro has locations in Central Butte, Gravelbourg, Rouleau, Moose Jaw and Swift Current. Each location provides crop input service along with service in crop production which includes: crop protection and fertilizer sales, fertilizer blending, and Agronomy services.
Our Mission Statement “Our mission is to operate a successful business in the agriculture industry by recognizing the importance of our customers and employees who work closely together providing value, services and employment to our surrounding communities.”
As an Agronomist at Hawk’s Agro, you will build relationships and work directly with individual farm customers to maximize their business operations, and agronomic decisions.
As an ideal candidate you must be able to demonstrate:
• Proven experience in a customer service or sales capacity
• Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
• Related post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 1 year of field and industry experience
• Eligible for membership in the Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists
• CCA accreditation or willingness to challenge exams and obtain accreditation when eligible
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Technically sound agronomy knowledge
• Possess a valid drivers license
Hawk’s Agro offers a competitive salary and benefits plan.
Job type: Full-time