Kenora Association for Community Living is accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Community Support Worker in the Transitions Program. This is a unique opportunity to become part of KACL’s dynamic, engaging, work environment. The successful applicant must demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to KACL’s values and principles. Salary, as per Collective Agreement (11.05), defined in Schedule A.
Consideration will be given to the following criteria;
• A college diploma in one of the following disciplines: Developmental Services Worker (DSW), Human Services, or Social Sciences;
• The ability and capabilities to assist people in all aspects of daily life, including personal care, building relationships and community involvement;
• An aptitude and attitude that are characterized by flexibility, creativity, and an emphasis on encouraging independence;
• A minimum of one year’s experience in a similar or related multidisciplinary field working with an at risk population;
• Excellent communication skills, including an aptitude for written and oral components;
• Have an interest in working with young adults with complex needs who have been involved with the criminal justice system;
• A willingness and ability to meet the physical demands of the position, including scheduled shift work;
• Relative work and/or life experience;
• A valid Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle.
Details for Submissions:
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by April 18, 2019; Submit to: Please complete an on-line application at kacl.ca
PLEASE QUOTE POSITION NUMBER 2019-13 ON YOUR APPLICATION
Job type: Full-time