Posted on April 15, 2019. Region: Steinbach, MB
Eastman Immigrant Services is accepting applications for a part-time, term position (20-22 hours/week, June 1, 2019 – March 31, 2020 (43 weeks)) Local Immigration Partnership (LIPs) Program Coordinator.
Project Description: Local Immigration Partnerships (LIPs) are community-based partnerships that:
• Systematize local engagement of service providers and other institutions in newcomers’ integration process;
• Support community-level research and strategic planning; and
• Improve coordination of effective services that facilitate immigrant settlement and integration.
LIPs do not deliver services directly to newcomers but provide a collaborative framework to facilitate the development and implementation of sustainable solutions for the successful integration of newcomers that are local and regional in scope.
The overall objective of the LIPs initiative is to enhance collaboration, coordination and strategic planning at the community level in order to foster more welcoming and inclusive communities and improve settlement and integration outcomes.
Job Purpose: The LIPs Program Coordinator will be primarily responsible for setting up, managing and facilitating and establishment of the LIPs in the Steinbach and area. Duties will vary as the Coordinator provides advice, builds relations, initiates activities, monitors results and generally assures the achievements of the LIPs. The LIP will work directly under the supervision of the Program Director of Eastman Immigrant Services.
• Bachelor’s Degree in community development or 3 years of experience in community development
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Experience in developing and implementing media materials
• Keen understanding of diversity issues and experience working in multicultural settings
• Ability to work with volunteers and representatives of the public and private sectors
• Proven track record of working with multiple stakeholders to catalyze collaboration
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Program Director – Eastman Immigrant Services
D4-284 Reimer Ave
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for submissions: April 27, 2019
Job type: Part-time