Are you ambitious and looking for an awesome opportunity with a growing company?
Want to feel like a valued part of a team; where your opinions, ideas and work ethics matter?
Reporting to the Management team, the Industrial Engineer will focus on the design, analysis, and optimization of business production systems.The successful candidate will need to possess strong critical thinking, problem solving, analyzing, and examining skills to find the best solutions to various situations.
Ideally, candidates should demonstrate a balance of academic achievement and practical experience, but new graduates from recognized programs are encouraged to express interest as well.
MSP Starch Products Inc. is located in the thriving community of Carberry, Manitoba. Carberry is a progressive forward looking agricultural based community.
• Integrate new advanced manufacturing technologies, automation, robotics and intelligent manufacturing.
• Design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency.
• Develop manufacturing methods, develop value stream process maps, apply problem solving techniques to identify and eliminate systematic waste and increase production throughput.
• Review and specify any new equipment requirements and processes.
• Support related equipment validation processes.
• Work with project team, vendors and management regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities and project status.
• Process troubleshooting and root cause analysis to meet performance requirements.
• Apply statistical methods and perform calculations to determine appropriate manufacturing processes, labor requirements, and productions standards.
• Process control optimization to ensure quality, performance and equipment reliability targets are met.
• Work with internal stakeholders to identify and define projects that will improve operations and reduce costs.
• Partner with Maintenance, Quality and Production on all projects as assigned.
• Implement Lean Manufacturing principles.
Education / Experience:
• Engineering Degree.
• 3-5 years’ varied engineering experience in the Food Manufacturing Industry and or Natural Health Products Industry would be an asset.
• Strong ability to balance multiple priorities with excellent time management skills.
• Project Management experience.
• Excellent problem solving skills and comfort with a “hands-on /shop floor” approach.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization and clearly explain technical issues.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project) with the ability to produce concise reports/presentations communicating status of projects.
• Ability to read drawings, blueprints and any other technical system documents.
• Experience with continuous improvement methodologies, LEAN, 6S, Kaizen, Six Sigma.
• Knowledge of GMP, HACCP, BRC and other regulatory requirements would be considered and asset.
• Experience with SCADA/PLC systems would be considered an asset.
• Experience with Solidworks CAD would be considered an asset.
We offer a competitive wage along with health benefits, a health spending account and an RRSP contribution plan. If you are up for the challenge and if you know you have what it takes to join our winning team, we look forward to hearing from you. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted. To submit your application please send your resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations to Jim Foster Human Resources Mail: Box 850, Carberry, Manitoba R0K 0H0. Fax: 1-866-661-9261 email: [email protected]
Final date for applications: February 17, 2017