The Activity/Recreation Worker performs Activity/Recreation services under the direction and supervision of the Activity/Recreation Director/Supervisor, CSM or designate. The Activity/Recreation Worker functions as an integral part of the health care team and performs all duties in accordance with the Board Ends and policies and procedures of Southern Health-Santé Sud.
• The completion of a “Recreation Activity Certificate Program” is preferred
• REQUIRED COURSES
• Introduction to Leisure
• Basic Writing Skills
• Introduction to Gerontology
• Cognitive Impairment
The four (4) above listed courses are part of Red River College’s “Recreation Facilitator for Older Adults”
• Experience with the geriatric population
• Safe Food Handling Course
• Experience in charting and documentation procedures
• Skills in specific areas relative to resident activity programs – music, exercise, crafts, etc.
• Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to communicate in more than one language would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
• Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
• Good work and attendance record