Jowett Farms Corporation is a growing company located within the beautiful town of Blumenort, Manitoba – just a 35-minute commute from Winnipeg. We are convinced we have the best people to work with! As a meat processing plant, we may not offer the most exquisite jobs, but we do offer a fantastic working environment and a “long weekend” EVERY week. We are excited to be adding a SANITATION MANAGER to our team. This position is based in our brand-new processing plant with a state of the art design. This processing plant is the first of its kind to Canada.
Building and maintaining positive relationships within our team is of the utmost importance to us and we are looking for a person who shares in this idea. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our efficiency and look forward to the ideas and suggestions that our Sanitation Manager will bring to our workplace. As our sanitation manager, you will demonstrate an eye for detail regarding cleanliness, a keen interest in food safety as well as the ability to follow GMPs, SSOPs and HACCP protocol.
• Lead sanitation team, including; scheduling, training and performance reviews
• Work in cooperation with management and maintenance personnel.
• Establish effective workflow practices, with continuous effort to improve efficiency.
• Perform regular scheduled facility, food contact surface and equipment cleaning / sanitation tasks according to sanitation standard operating procedures (SSOP).
• Complete post-operational inspections & assessment documents.
• Ensure GMP, HACCP and Health & Safety practices are adhered to according to company policy.
• Document and report all non-compliance issues and take corrective actions daily.
• Perform, document & report results of environmental monitoring.
• Monitor and maintain sanitation supply inventories
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a leadership role as well as someone with previous sanitation experience within a food processing plant. This position is to work in various environments including wet and cool conditions.
Our Sanitation Manager will need to be available Monday to Thursday from 4:00pm to 2:30am with some flexibility. If you would like to be considered for our team, please provide a resume and cover letter by email with your wage expectancy by August 15, 2019.
As much as we would like to have the opportunity to talk to everyone that applies, we only will be contacting those that we select to interview. We thank you for your interest.
Job type: Full-time