Part Time one year term resident support counsellor
Posted on February 15, 2017. Region: Altona, MB
Genesis House is seeking a part time term employee (1 year) for a resident support counsellor position. The role of the counsellor is to listen and support women that require services related to domestic violence. It would appeal to someone who has been identified as a good listener, empathic and able to build strong trusting relationships with others. An understanding of the issues of violence against women would be an asset. If you have a passion for helping others and believe that people should be able to live life free of violence this opportunity may be what you are looking for.
The Client Support Counsellor functions as a member of the Genesis House staff team that provides a 24-hour confidential crisis intervention service accessed through a crisis line and in person contacts, for abused women and their families. Client Support Counsellors provide residential and non-residential support for women and children encouraging self-awareness, self-worth, and empowerment. Responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the mission, goals and standards of Genesis House Inc.
• Completion of the Applied Counseling Certificate (300hours)
• Previous work experience in a residential care setting.
• High School Graduate
• CPR & First Aid or willing to obtain
• Demonstrated knowledge of family violence and its impact on women, men and children.
• Sensitivity in dealing with women and children in crisis.
• Awareness and sensitivity to the culture and religions within our service area.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and balance competing demands on time.
• Ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal daily supervision.
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism in all aspects of employment
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Knowledge of community resources
• Flexibility to meet needs of a 24 hour care facility
• Satisfactory Abuse Registry and Criminal Record Check
• Computer skills
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] by February 22, 2017. We thank all that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Part-time