Are you interested in a small city with a steady and growing economy? How about affordable housing and short commutes? We offer the opportunity for personal and corporate growth within our firm.
G.D. Newton and Associates Inc., is located in Brandon Manitoba, and we provide municipal engineering services throughout rural Manitoba and Saskatchewan to numerous communities, towns, municipalities, private developers and industry.
We are currently looking for a full time permanent Civil Engineering Technologist to join our company as a Project Manager.
This position will be required to provide Project Management related to land development projects. This will include preparing design drawings and specifications, translating design drawings to construction ready documents and preparing required survey and/or machine control files. Our Project Manager will have an acute attention for details and is proficient working in a fast paced environment.
The chosen individual will be well organized, reliable and have strong computer and communication skills. We are looking for an individual who excels working independently and as a team player, who has a passion for the construction industry and is motivated to succeed.
The Project Manager will be based out of our office with normal work being 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Periodic weekend work will be required but will be sporadic throughout the year. Position will require onsite supervision of survey work and onsite project management. We offer competitive wages but will be negotiable for highly qualified candidates.
Requirements we are looking for:
• Civil Engineering Technologist degree or diploma from an accredited institution
• Fully functional in Autocad or Micro – Survey computerized drafting systems
• Working Knowledge and function with total stations and GPS survey equipment
• Exceptional ability to work with and communicate to customers, contractors and equipment operators
• Valid class 5 driver’s license
• Successful completion of standard safety tickets or willingness to complete; First Aid, Ground Disturbance, H2S and WHMIS
• Knowledge of Trimble Business Centre considered an asset
• Formal training or background in GPS, GIS or Geomatics considered an asset
Benefits we offer:
G.D. Newton and Associates Inc. offers a full benefits package including dental, vision, prescriptions, long & short term disability to its employees after completion of a mandatory probationary period.
Please forward resumes via email to [email protected] No phone calls please.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time