Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Closing Date: Friday, March 10, 2017
The Public Works Manager will be responsible for the supervision of public works staff, the operation and maintenance of municipal buildings, landfill, water and sewer utilities, municipal roads and drains, health and safety, capital and operational budgeting, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise the work of employees by:
- Establishing work priorities and schedules,
- Directing and monitoring work performance,
- Reviewing and approving time sheets; including the approval of overtime work/emergency response,
- Providing training and supervision,
- Ensuring adherence to Workplace Safety & Health Standards and operational procedures and processes,
• Develop plans for facility maintenance, equipment purchase and general maintenance including;
- A detailed inventory of facilities, equipment and supplies, including condition reports,
- Detailed records and files regarding maintenance activities and associated costs,
- Developing and adhering to equipment and facility management standards (such as frequency of maintenance and facility life cycle standards for replacement),
• Ensure the provision of safe municipal facilities by adhering to appropriate building codes and other related standards,
• Respond to public enquiries and concerns,
• Oversee snow clearing of streets and roads in accordance with municipal policy,
• Prepare Operations reports and recommendations for the Chief Administrative Officer, as required,
• Recommend changes to by-laws and policies,
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Administrative Officer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and manage employees,
• Ability to establish priorities, and action work objectives with a high level of independence and minimal supervision,
• Knowledge of facility management as it relates to municipal buildings and infrastructure,
• Knowledge of construction and maintenance techniques, equipment and heavy machinery operations,
• Knowledge in the safe use, operation and preventative maintenance of various equipment,
• Ability to coordinate, organize, and problem solve,
• Ability to communicate effectively; verbally and in writing,
• Ability to deal with the public in a respectful manner,
• Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships, personal initiative balanced by a realistic understanding of one’s authority; seeking out and or following advise/direction where appropriate.
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Certified Engineering Technologist, or related certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in facility maintenance management.
• Valid Province of Manitoba driver’s class five (5) licence
• Previous supervisory responsibilities.
• Understanding of heavy equipment, road construction, mowers/large scale grass cutting, and/or landfill operations would be an asset.
• Previous municipal work experience would be an asset.
Salary Range: $65,000 to $80,000
RM of De Salaberry
St. Pierre-Jolys, Manitoba R0Z 1V0
Email: [email protected]
The RM of De Salaberry thanks all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time