Town of High River
Invites applications for a
Summer Engineering Services Intern
$21.38 per hour
The Town of High River is looking for a temporary, fulltime Summer Engineering Services Intern to join our Corporate Services department. The position provides support for the GIS team assisting with inventory of assets while working closely with the Engineering Services division to allow for collaboration and service alignment between the two teams.
The successful candidate must have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year. The 16 week term has an anticipated start date of May 1, 2017 with a term end date of August 18, 2016.
To prepare for this position, you will be a passionate academic who is eager to gain hands on experience in the GIS and Engineering fields. In addition, you will have attended 1 year of post-secondary education in Engineering or a related field.
• Grade 12 diploma or GED equivalent.
• 1 year post-secondary education in GIS, Engineering or related field.
• Must have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
• 6 months experience with ArcGIS or AutoCAD.
• Intermediate knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel applications.
• Experience with real time GPS systems is considered an asset.
• Must possess a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License.
• Physical ability to assist with field work.
To explore this career opportunity, or to find additional information including a job description, please visit our website at www.highriver.ca, click on Careers and apply through our online application process. Please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 1:00 p.m., March 16, 2017. Questions or inquiries can be emailed to [email protected]
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Seasonal